What makes a trip to Disney World great changes as children get older.
The best rides and attractions for tweens at Disney World are different from what excites the young crowd. Tweens will likely be more excited by thrilling rides and experiences, moreso than characters and whimsy, although they may enjoy those as well!
Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs, and the Disney World water parks – Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, might be worth a visit.
Make sure you book your FastPasses. Many of these rides are very popular!
Here are some of the rides for the tween age group. We do recommend trying the water parks, as these are often a big hit.
Best Rides and Attractions for Tweens at Magic Kingdom:
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- The Haunted Mansion
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Best Rides and Attractions for Tweens at Epcot:
- Mission: SPACE (Orange Team for the most daring ride)
- The Pavilions in the World Showcase
Best Rides and Attractions for Tweens at Animal Kingdom
- Pandora: World of Avatar (coming May 27)
- Avatar: Flight of Passage (ride on a banshee!)
- Na’vi River Journey
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Kali River Rapids
Best Rides and Attractions for Tweens at Hollywood Studios
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- Star Wars: The Adventures Continue
- Lights! Motor! Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Best Rides and Attractions for Tweens at Typhoon Lagoon:
- Humunga Kowabunga
- Typhoon Lagoon wave pool – world’s largest
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher
- Gangplank Falls
- Castaway Creek
- Surfing Program at Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool
Best Rides and Attractions for Tweens at Blizzard Beach:
- Summit Plummet
- Melt-Away Bay – Blizzard Beach wave pool
- Snow Stormers
- Toboggan Racers
- Meltaway Bay
The truth is that it won’t be hard to find things that your tween will love at Disney World. It is a magical experience for all ages.