So you may be trying to figure out which Disney resort to choose for your magical vacation. If you are considering Disney World’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, read on for all the information you need on the jewel of the Disney World resort collection!
The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World Resort is a Deluxe resort. With seven restaurants, five gift shops, lovely pools, a fabulous splash pad, a marina, a spa, a salon, workout facilities, tennis courts, and a marina – this resort has it all.
On our last stay it was actually difficult to get motivated to leave the resort for the parks, if that is believable.
The Grand Floridian (or “Grand Flo” as you may hear Cast Members call it) is the flagship resort of Walt Disney World in Florida. Done in the Victorian style, this resort harkens back to a time of resorts long past. Cast members dress in outfits that will transport you back to a time was simpler and service was king.
Pros and Cons
|Getting around is easy – located on the monorail, buses, boats, and Minnie Vans are all available||One of the more expensive resorts – in the Deluxe Category|
|Beautiful, elegant, relaxing||Some buildings require a longer walk to get to main building and monorail or pool|
|Fabulous pools||Not as theme-y as some other resorts like the Polynesian or Caribbean Beach. This may also be a pro depending on the experience you are looking for|
|Quiet relative to other resorts|
|Great character meals on site|
Layout and Getting Around
The Grand Floridian is a sprawling complex of buildings. The Main building is a beautiful Victorian structure that awes most everyone who steps inside.
A glass elevator takes guests between floors, in addition to sweeping staircases with carpets that have hidden Cinderella carriages – something found throughout the resort.
Guests can get rooms inside the Main Building or in the Outer Buildings. Some outer buildings, and the Disney Vacation Club Villas, are a short walk from the Main Building. The Main Building boasts multiple table service restaurants – 1900 Park Fare, Victoria and Albert’s, the Grand Floridian Cafe, and Citrico’s. The quick service restaurant, Gasparilla Grill, is located in the Main Building but is not accessible from the lobby area.
There are two pools – both zero entry. The kid’s pool has a waterslide and is generally louder and more boisterous. There are life guards on premises.
The larger pool is quieter and does not have a lifeguard. Both pools have bars that serve drinks – alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and food. Life jackets are available at both pools.
- 1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic Character Breakfast – Character breakfast that can feature Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter.
- 1900 Park Fare “Cinderella’s Happily Ever After” Character Dinner – Buffet featuring Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia & Drizella. Reservations highly recommended.
- Citricos – Dinner only table service restaurant.
- Garden View Lounge – Afternoon Tea in the lobby of the Main Building.
- Gasparilla Grill and Games – Grand Floridian’s quick service restaurant.
- Grand Floridian Cafe – Table service restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea – This is a really special and pricey special tea party for young girls and an adult.
- Narcoossee’s – Incredible restaurant, available for dinner only. This restaurant is located on the Seven Seas lagoon and is focused on seafood. Get your reservations early if you want to dine here!
- Victoria & Albert’s – This is a very high-end restaurant that is great for very special occasions. The menu changes daily. No children are allowed.
There are number of room types available, and the price will vary widely based on which one you choose. They all have similar theming, with the Victorian turn-of-the-20th century luxury feel.
Regular hotels rooms have mini-refrigerators. Studio units have mini-refrigerators and microwaves. One-bedroom or larger villas come equipped with a full kitchen and place to eat.
This is a photo of the beds in the standard outer room garden view.
- Garden View – Outer Building
- Lagoon View – Outer Building
- Theme Park View – Outer Building
- Lodge Tower
- Outer Lodge, Standard Room / Club level
- Standard Room / Club Level
- Deluxe Room
- Deluxe King Room / Club Level
- Victorian Suite / Club Level
- 1 Bedroom Suite / Club Level
- 2 Bedroom Suite / Club level
- Disney Suite / Club level
- Grand Suite / Club Level
- Basin White – Bath and beauty products
- Commander Porter’s – men’s designer clothing, cold beverages & snacks.
- M. Mouse Mercantile – Wonderful Disney souvenirs, toys, and costumes.
- Sandy Cove Gift & Sundry Shop – here you can find some food (including beer and wine), drinks, postcards, souvenirs, and personal items.
- Summer Lace – Women’s Fashions and Grand Floridian logo items. These are very high end. Beautiful boutique items are available here, as well as the most expensive princess dresses found on Walt Disney World property. They are part of the Disney Princess Signature Collection